Join me in the beautiful town of Chartres, France for seven days and six nights of photography, SoulCollage® and labyrinth exploration. May is a beautiful time to visit Chartres as each night the ancient buildings are illuminated by a light show that is spectacular.
Mornings will alternate between quiet photography walks before the town wakes so I can share what to look for to create photographs with soul and meaning, SoulCollage® readings for insight for our day ahead, and learning my daily practice of using circles and spirals to center. I'll also show you an easy way to create a finger labyrinth using scissors and paper.
In addition to time to create photographs and make SoulCollage® cards in the magical atmosphere of Chartres, you will learn easy editing techniques for improving your photographs (all done on the iPhone or iPad).
You will also have an opportunity to:
- Walk the labyrinth in Chartres Cathedral when it is open to the public on Friday.
- Visit the Crypt of Chartres Cathedral with an English-speaking guide.
- Visit the International Stained-Glass Center (stained glass is another form of collage!)
- Visit La Maison Picassiette, a house collaged out of millions of pieces of crockery, broken glasses which have been compiled into mosaics. I consider this to be a masterpiece of collage!
- And take a day trip from Chartres to Giverny to visit Monet's home and garden!
We will be staying in a beautiful bed and breakfast in the heart of the town of Chartres.
The cost of $1,995 includes:
- Six nights accommodation in a single room with bathroom
- Breakfast each day
- Lunch each day
- Two dinners
- Admission and transport to all the places we visit including transport to and from Chartres to Giverny.
- Photography instruction including macro photography with your iPhone which will open up a new world at Monet's garden.
- A copy of Catherine's book "Journaling the Labyrinth Path"
- All art supplies for our creative activities.
- Transport to and from Charles de Gaulle airport to Chartres. The transport will leave CDG airport at midday on May 24th - if you arrive before or after this time you will be responsible for getting to Chartres. Most flights from the US arrive early in the morning. The return shuttle to the airport will be determined after flight times are known but I am recommending that if your flight home departs before noon that you book at an airport hotel the night of May 30th to give yourself an opportunity to fully enjoy your last day in Chartres).
THIS RETREAT IS NOW FULL