Join MJ McGregor and Catherine in the beautiful town of Chartres, France for seven days and six nights of SoulCollage®, photography and labyrinth exploration with a small group of seven fellow pilgrims.
Mornings will include quiet photography walks before the town wakes to create photographs with soul and meaning, SoulCollage® readings for insight for our day ahead, and a meditative practice of using circles and spirals to center.
In addition to time to create photographs and make SoulCollage® cards in the magical atmosphere of Chartres, you will learn easy editing techniques for improving your photographs (all done on the iPhone or iPad) and make a finger labyrinth using scissors and paper.
You will also have an opportunity to:
- View the Cathedral and other ancient buildings illuminated by an spectacular light show each night.
- A "Roof Tour" of Chartres Cathedral including the North Tower.
- A private candlelight labyrinth walk in the Cathedral, in addition to walking the labyrinth in Chartres Cathedral when it is open to the public on Friday.
- Visit the Chartres Cathedral and the Crypt of Chartres Cathedral with MJ as our knowledgeable and wonderful guide.
- Take the train to St. Piat and walk back towards Chartres along the Eure River to Jouy, stopping for a picnic lunch. We will see the Cathedral come into view in the same way pilgrims from ages past glimpsed it. And what a wonderful opportunity to make photographs!
- Visit La Maison Picassiette, a house collaged out of millions of pieces of crockery, broken glasses which have been compiled into mosaics. I consider this to be a masterpiece of collage!
In addition to all the experiences, the cost of $1,995 includes:
- Six nights double accommodation at the Hotellerie Saint Yves, the site of an old priory right behind the Cathedral. Single rooms are available with a single supplement of $200.
- Breakfast each day
- Lunch each day
- Two dinners
- All Admission fees and transport to and from St Piat and La Maison Picassiette
- A Pilgrimage Journal made especially for the group
- All art supplies for our creative activities
You can reserve your space by paying a deposit of $500 and completing the application form. The balance is payable by March 12th, 2018. This retreat is full. Contact Catherine if you would like to be on the waitlist in the event of a cancellation.
TRANSPORT FROM CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT TO CHARTRES
We will arrange shared transport directly from the airport on May 13th for those interested.. The cost will depend on the number of people (about $50 each way if there are four or more people). The transport will leave CDG airport around midday on May 13th as most flights from the US arrive early in the morning.
The return shuttle to the airport will be determined after flight times are known but I am recommending that if your flight home departs before noon that you book at an airport hotel the night of May 19th to give yourself an opportunity to fully enjoy your last day in Chartres. The CitizenM Airport Hotel is a good option).
MJ McGregor, PhD, has been leading pilgrimage retreats to Chartres Cathedral since 2008 and has been an English-speaking Guide for Chartres Cathedral since 2013. She and her husband reside seasonally in their pied-a-terre in Chartres. In addition to being a Veriditas Certified Advanced Labyrinth Facilitator, MJ is also a SoulCollage® Facilitator.