Dwell in your imagination and metaphor
as you learn about the nuts and bolts of MeCards4Kids®
This Training will introduce the unique features of MeCards4Kids® to SoulCollage® Facilitators. You will learn to facilitate this process in a variety of settings with children at different developmental stages, and also with vulnerable adult populations—including trauma survivors and frail elders. Using the book as a starting point, and numerous other examples illustrating the power of the MeCards process, you will explore ways of serving these populations that are engaging, fun, self-empowering and transformative.
“With MeCards you can do whatever you want, because people can’t judge you.”
(7 year-old boy)
The Training will guide you through the theoretical framework, as well as experiential activities, case discussions, and directive strategies to develop a comprehensive understanding of this creative process. These tools and techniques will empower you utilize MeCards4Kids® in a variety of individual and group settings.
“I’m a bigger person with MeCards. Other times I’m much more “closed in with myself.”
(7 year-old girl)
An important aspect of the Training will be to instill the importance of differentiating group facilitation with consenting adults from working with children and other vulnerable populations, as these populations do not have the ability to judge what emotional expressions they should share with whom. This requires a special sensitivity to issues of safety and containment.
Through experiential activities, multiple case examples and rich interaction, the Training will include:
- Pragmatics of working with children and vulnerable adult populations (nuts and bolts), including developmental and considerations
- Knowledge of the ethical and legal issues in working with minors and at-risk populations, with special considerations for trauma and disability
- Scribing as a tool for active listening, interpersonal connection, and validation
- Differences between working with adults and working with children
- Systemic considerations—interfacing with children’s environments, such as parents, school administrators, teachers, therapists, community agencies, etc.
- Be a SoulCollage® Facilitator
- Read the book, How to Make MeCards4Kids®: Creative Expression for Children and the Grown-Ups in Their Lives by Nancy Weiss and Jane Raphael. You can purchase a copy here.
The Training will be held at the St. Francis Springs Prayer Center in Stoneville, NC, which is about 30 miles north of Greensboro, NC. The closest airport is Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO). The Center is situate on 140 acres of peaceful wooded land and has a labyrinth based on the Chartres pattern. Single or double rooms with bathrooms are available and all meals are included.
Please Note: Accommodations at the Franciscan Renewal Center and the Commuter Fee are not included in the Training Fee. The first session will start after dinner at 7pm on Sunday, March 17th. The Training will end Tuesday, March 19th at 12:00 noon and be followed by lunch. Registration begins at 4pm on Sunday, March 17th.
- MeCards4Kids® Facilitator Training cost: $425 (includes all workshop sessions, all supplies and materials, MeCards4Kid® Facilitator Training Manual, and follow-up support.)
- Deposit to reserve your space: $200
- To receive a “Certificate of Completion” you must attend all sessions of the training from start to finish
- The Balance of registration costs and your accommodation costs for single or double accommodation is due February 1st, 2019. You will receive a reminder before that time.
- This training experience with the creator of the MeCards4Kid® process is limited to 16 participants. Your space is reserved as soon as you pay your deposit.
- TO REGISTER, please email Nancy Weiss for a Registration Form: email@example.com.
- Or, If you prefer, you can send Nancy your name, address, email, phone, choice of accommodations (single or double).
LODGING and MEALS
Accommodations and meals at the St Francis Springs Prayer Center are not included in the Training Fee. Six meals are including beginning with dinner on Sunday night and ending with lunch on Tuesday.
- Single Room $260 per person for 2 nights; including all meals
- Double Room $200 per person for 2 nights; including all meals
- To pay by check, send payment to Nancy Weiss at 6215 Del Valle Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- To pay via PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/NancyLCSW
A full refund, less a $75 processing fee, will be given at the cancellation of a MeCards4Kids® Facilitator Training registration, as long as the cancellation is received up to one month prior to the training. This processing fee applies to all payments, whether a deposit or a payment in full. No refund or credit is given for cancellations made with less than one-month notice, if you fail to attend, or if you leave the event early, unless someone is able to take your place at short notice from the waiting list.
PLEASE CONTACT NANCY IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org
FEEDBACK ABOUT MeCards4Kids® FACILITATOR TRAINING
I had the privilege of attending the very first MeCard Training, and I was blown away by it. I took it home and did a workshop with my adult teachers and one of them, who is from Israel, said, “This is the best thing I have ever done.” Everyone was excited about taking the process out to the children we work with and they, too, love the MeCard process! Thank you, Nancy! Bickley Wilson
What an amazing learning experience! The experience was everything I hoped it would be and more.
The excellent experiences with the children and at-need people that Nancy shared really made me realize how powerful this process can be. And I certainly experienced it first hand when stepping into the process myself! I feel honored to be a part of the first Facilitator Training!
NANCY WEISS BIO
Nancy is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Spiritual Director in Los Angeles. A collage artist and poet, her private practice blends depth psychology, dream work, and expressive arts. She uses SoulCollage® regularly with clients and directees. In collaboration with the teacher of a multi-aged elementary classroom, Nancy developed MeCards4Kids® to foster children’s self-expression and sense of well-being, and to help them access their inner wisdom. This experience inspired the book, How to Make MeCards4Kids™ Creative Expression for Children and the Grown-Ups in Their Lives.
In addition to training MeCards4Kids® facilitators, Nancy facilitates SoulCollage® and MeCards4Kids® groups for professionals, schools, non-profits, and numerous organizations. She has chaired the SoulCollage® Diversity Scholarship Committee since it was established in 2011.