Join Catherine Anderson, author of The Creative Photographer for a week of creative exploration with your camera as you feed your senses with the colors and textures of Oaxaca and discover how to use your photography as a tool for visual journaling.
During our week together you will:
- make your own unique journal and fill the pages with your photographs
- receive a book of images of Mexican doors and colors that you can use in your journal
- learn to compose images that convey a sense of depth and meaning
- learn to use your iPhone to best advantage (you can use any camera for this workshop but I highly recommend that you bring your iPhone and iPad if you have one)
- learn to enhance and layer your photographs digitally with Photo Apps
- learn to alter photographs by hand with easy fun techniques
- learn how to print your photographs in unique new ways
We will be staying at the Art House, a bed and breakfast hosted by artist Lisa Sonora who lives and creates in Oaxaca. Lisa calls Oaxaca, Mexico a land of magic, mythos, and art. Here are some photos of the space!
The retreat is limited to 8 participants to ensure you get individual attention and leave a more confident and creative photographer.
The cost of the retreat is $1,795 and includes:
- Workshop instruction and materials
- Six nights double occupancy lodging (two to a room)
- Six breakfasts
- One dinner
- Five lunches
- Visit to 1600's Dominican monastery ruins in Cuilapan
- Visit to Tlacolula's Sunday Market (45 minutes outside Oaxaca city)
Download the Registration Form here. Mail a check to Catherine Anderson Studio LLC with your registration form or pay using your credit card below.
You do need a passport for Mexico. You will fly into Oaxaca de Juarez (OAX). Download information on travel and flights here.
If you need to fly in a day early or want to stay on a little longer, you can find hotels close to the Art House on this google map. If you'd like to arrive early or stay on at the Art House let me know and I'll let you have details.
Contact me with any questions.