Catherine and Linda Woolfson invite you to join us on a unique pilgrimage of creative discovery in Portugal. Join us to visit beautiful new places and connect with the Spirit of Portugal as you delve into your personal creativity.
This creative pilgrimage will give your creativity time and space to come out and play as the experience of Portugal awakens your soul and stirs your senses.
Your guides are passionate about creative self-expression, the ocean, exploring new places and opening participants up to new experiences through photography, word-play poetry and the labyrinth.
Our itinerary includes:
- An 18th Century monastery by the Tagus estuary in romantic Lisbon
- An iconic blue-and-white tiled cafe where the custard tarts will waft you up to heaven
- A quirky 19th Century mansion and gardens full of secret symbolism in the lusch micro-climate of Sintra
- The seaside town of Cascais with its winding photogenic streets, museums and little shops
- The wild and beautiful ocean, beaches and villages of Colares, Praia Grande, Almocageme and Azenhas do Mar
- Creating and walking a labyrinth on the beach
- Time to make a creative container for your images and words
We will spend two nights by the sea in Cascais and four nights at a hotel overlooking the ocean in Praia Grande, Sintra. You will share some of our favorite places, east at local restaurants, take a ride on a narrow-gauge railway through beautiful landscapes, visit the take "slow photography" walks by the sea, and come together to create through word-play, story and sharing as we embrace the sense of place that is Portugal.
This will be a small group of twelve explorers. The cost is $2,995 per person for six nights shared accommodation, all meals beginning with dinner on the first day of the retreat and ending with breakfast on the last day, all transport (one scheduled group pickup and drop off at the airport), admission to all the places we visit, creative supplies and guidance from Linda and Catherine. If you would like a single room, the single supplement is $390. Beverages and drinks are for your own account.
To reserve your space, you can pay the deposit of $500 and thereafter complete the Registration Form which we will email to you. A second payment of $1,000 is due on January 1st, 2019 with the balance due on March 1st, 2019.
As at August 30th, 2018, there are nine spaces available.
Your deposit reserves your space in the retreat. Certain non-refundable reservation costs are paid out in advance of the retreat.
- Should you cancel your reservation before December 20th, 2018, your payments less a cancellation fee of $250 will be refunded.
- Should you cancel between January 1st and March 1st, 2019, your payment less $1,500 will be refunded.
- There are no refunds after March 1st, 2019, but you may find another person to take your place on the trip provided they agree to the terms of the agreement.
Written cancellation is required to process a refund.
We reserve the right to cancel the retreat if necessary. In the unlikely event of us doing so, your payment will be refunded in full.